Sunday, February 26, 2012

DIY Bar Soap

Another soap, this time it is bar soap. Sorry there is no pictures again on making it because my glycerin soap melted pretty quickly.
What you need:
glycerin soap base- 2 soap blocks
essential oils or fragrance oils
soap dye
soap mold
double broiler
Grate the two soap base like cheese this will help it melt faster.
Melt the glycerin soap completely in the double boiler.
While the soap is melting, I put my oils and dye in the molds. I did each mold a different smell and color.
Then when the soap is melted, pour it in the mold. I used a mini cupcake pan and 2 blocks worked perfectly. I took a tablespoon and spooned it in the molds.
Put in freezer for about an hour and then take out of freezer and mold and you have soap bars.
The one thing that my family has complained about is that this soap doesn't lather like normal soap but it cleans you very well.

Finished soaps

No comments:

Post a Comment