Friday, February 24, 2012

Beginning


I have recently started doing my own crafts and I wanted somewhere to blog about it. Whether it worked or not and whether I liked the ending product. I love saving money and doing homemade things. I have always liked doing crafts but now I have more time on my hands seeing I don't work anymore and this is just awesome. Recently, I have made my own laundry soap, fabric softener, lip balm, deodorant, body scrubs, bath salts, bubble bath, body soap, and toothpaste. All of it worked except the toothpaste. If you like the taste of baking soda then the toothpaste would be great. The toothpaste did make my teeth feel clean but I couldn't get over the taste. Now, the laundry soap was the best thing that I could of done. It makes the clothes cleaner than store bought soap. Also, we have a problem with our was washer smelling but this soap has not made the washer smell. It has helped so much with that. With the laundry soap my brother is allergic to every kind of laundry soap but one kind and the homemade does not break him out or anything. He works in a cement plant and it makes his clothes so much cleaner. To get everything you need to do the soap it cost roughly $20 but that's with the storage container. I'm thinking next time it will be roughly $10-15. One batch has lasted us around a month so far. We still have quite a bit left. The fabric softener has worked so far expect if you have lots and lots of static then it doesn't take all the static out. It has done a great job making the clothes smell good and are softer than before. The lip balm is amazing it's all I use unless I forget it at home and then I buy more. The deodorant has worked for the most part. At night is when I can start to smell myself. I have been using it this week and it's been a hectic week so, this has been the ultimate test. Also, the only down fall with the deodorant is that it is made with coconut oil and coconut oil melts really quickly. So I have to store mine in the freezer and its cold when I put it on. But it has worked other than that. The body scrub, bath salts and bubble bath I did for Christmas gifts and so far they love them. I have made some for them since Christmas. I just made the body soap last night so I'm not sure how it has turned out to be. I am going to start doing my own wreaths and thing for my friends and family. If it all turns out good then maybe I will be able to start selling these things. I want to start going to flea market and little shows around here to start selling them. I do these things I will take pictures and put them up here with the recipe so everyone can try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment